Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Treadlette Tuesday: Get To Know Us

This week's Treadlette is Meg!


Meg started sewing with her grandmother at around age 8. "We made a grey and red plaid vest with princess seams and matched the plaids! I wish I still had it to prove it."

Like many of our Treadlettes, Meg has been with us a while; she has worked at Treadle for at least 27 years. You will mostly see her on Saturdays.

I find Meg's style to be polished and effortlessly stylish. "I am a sucker for white embroidered cotton, beautiful knits and the challenge of buying remnants. I like to sew simple straightforward things that do not take a long time from start to finish--clothing and home dec."

Current projects and favorites? "I love Vogue pattern 1415 view A with a cowl like neck--I've made it twice and feel very elegant in it. My 26 year old son actually asked me when he saw my 2nd version if it was the same pattern as my cream colored top. I love that he noticed! Currently I am covering an ottoman for my son with a piece of Pendleton wool."

"I am working on convincing myself that if I sew a few minutes every day, it will add up to a significant amount of work at the end of the week." I think it does, Meg! I love that philosophy.

There's more Treadlette Tuesday every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment